2:1 Shrink Ratio PVC Heat Shrinkable Tubing
Low shrink temperature, economical, highly flame retardant, 30% stronger than polyolefin and resistant to most chemicals, oils, sunlight, fungus and moisture. Colors are vivid; clear is ‘crystal clear’. All HS-105 colors, including clear, are flame retardant meeting UL Subject 224 VW-1 and specifically designed to match all operating characteristics of PVC jacketed wire and cable.
- 2:1 shrink ratio
- Engineered for total compatibility with PVC jacketed wire and cable
- Low shrink temperature
- All colors, including clear, are highly flame retardant
- Resists many chemicals and oils,* chlorine, moisture, salt water and fungus
- Proprietary stabilizers provide outstanding resistance to UV light
- ‘Clear’ is crystal clear, colors are vivid
- High gloss, matte, metallic, neon, pearlescent “designer” colors and custom color formulations are available
- Highly engineered formulation provides superior strength – 30% stronger than polyolefin
- Available in standard sizes – up to extra large 4″ diameters
- Meets RoHS, UL, CSA and Military specifications
* Including chlorinated cleaners, lubricating grease, penetrating oils, electrical insulation oils, and others.
- Applications requiring smooth, tight-fitting, aesthetic coverings, especially for products with irregular shapes
- Protecting products – outdoors and indoors – from UV light, fading, harsh chemicals, chlorinated cleansers, moisture, salt water, fungus, dirt, abrasion and splintering
- Providing “crystal clear” see-through protection that will not become cloudy, yellow or crack over time
- The preferred choice for use with PVC wire and cable
- Insulation and strain relief of wire harnesses, terminals and wire splices
- Applications requiring outstanding dielectric and mechanical protection without damage to enclosed or adjacent components or underlying material
- Identifying and color coding wires, cables, piping, machinery, parts, etc.
Standard Colors: Black, White, Red, Blue, Yellow, Clear
- Lead free and RoHS compliant
- UL Subject 224 VW-1
- CSA OFT rated for 600 V
- ASTM D 3150
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/2 Class 2
|Minimum Recommended Shrink Temperature||100°C (212°F)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20°C to 105°C|
|Longitudinal Shrinkage||Approximately 15%|
Physical / Electrical / Chemical Properties
|Tensile Strength||3000 psi|
|Flammability||UL Subject 224 VW-1|
|Volume Resistivity||21.5 X 1012|
|Dielectric Strength||1,083 vpm|
|Storage||Heat sensitive. Store at 70°F|
Product on Spools
* Pressurized Spools
All information presented is believed to be reliable and is offered only as a guide to product selection. As each application is unique, Insultab can make no warranties as to the suitability of any products for a particular use. Specifications are subject to change.
Insultab’s PVC Heat Shrinkable products are superior. Click here to learn why.