Insultab is an industry-leading manufacturer of heat shrinkable and non-shrink tubing products of the highest quality and consistency. Based in Woburn, Massachusetts, Insultab is a division of Pexco LLC, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Pexco is a North American leader in the design and fabrication of custom extruded and injection molded plastic products. Pexco provides standard and specialty parts and components to manufacturers and end users for a broad range of applications in the Life Science, Industrial and Commercial market segments.
Ideal candidate would be based in New England working from a remote home office or from Pexco’s Insultab Woburn manufacturing site – business travel estimated 30 to 40%.
As the Commercial Leader, you will perform Sales, Marketing and Product Management duties required to successfully grow Insultab (Woburn, MA) – a Pexco recently acquired company, which specializes in Heat Shrink and Flexible Tubing Products.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales, this Commercial Leadership position will work closely with the Woburn operation team and have full commercial responsibility and accountability for successfully growing the business. Successfully integrating with Operations (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing) is a key attribute for success.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements
- 5 to7 years minimum of demonstrated success in a Program Management, Engineering Manufacturing or Sales related position – preferably in the extrusion industry with a working knowledge of Fluoropolymers.
- This individual must have the leadership skills necessary to implement and drive a strong operating culture within a cross functional team environment that strives to exceed customer expectation with the objective of consistently growing the business.
- Provides expert sales leadership in coordinating, facilitation, motivating, and directing efforts of cross functional CUSTOMER SUPPORT teams including individuals from Sales, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, IT and Finance. Ensures efficient use of team resources and time management.
- Gains support for and develops objectives/deliverables and ensures all groups involved understand customer demands for successful launch of new business. Ensures customer and Company requirements are met including cost, quality, timing, and other related aspects of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key issues that impact customer requirements and develop the initiatives to address them in a cost-effective manner. Forward thinking, innovation, and a working understanding of cost and operational impacts are essential.
- Possesses the vision and leadership skill sets that will successfully drive change and position Pexco and Insultab to delivery strong year over year growth.
- Works with internal and external resources – maintains strong customer relationships with customer dedication to successfully grow the business.
- Strong presentation, administrative, reporting and writing skill sets.
- Ability to conduct market research studies in the development of new products and applications, along with supporting and contributing to the annual strategic business planning process.
Key Skill Sets & Competencies
- Strong leadership, communication and collaborative working together skills, along with analytic and strategic planning capabilities.
- Consistently clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skill sets and strong business analytics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create, establish, and implement Win~Win Solutions.
- Makes Customers and their needs a primary focus.
- Develops & sustains productive customer relationships.
- Actively seeks information to understand customer’s circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Present program/project level information to customers to build their understanding of issues & capabilities.
- Considers how program/project level actions or plans will affect customers.
- Responds quickly to meet customer needs & resolves problems.
- Assist Operations Leaders in implementing ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs.
- Consistently recognizes a wide range of complex specialized issues, problems, or opportunities in own work group, across the organization and with external customers; determines whether action is needed.
- Steadily identifies the need for and collects information to better understand issues, problems and opportunities.
- Regularly integrates complex information form a wide variety of sources; detects complex trends, associations and cause-effect trends, associations and cause effect relationships.
- Consistently creates relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes.
- Formulates clear decision criteria, evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option.
- Consistently implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time.
- Regularly includes fellow team members across the organization and external customers in the decision-making process as warranted to obtain good information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of the resulting decisions.
Other Key Attributes
- Polished telephone and professional writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills supported by a self disciplined operating structure.
- Superior time management / prioritization skills.
- Proven comfort with MS Office (especially Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com is a plus.
- Must be computer savvy.
- Must feel comfortable interacting with all team members.
- Must have a high standard of accountability and demonstrate level of concern for work output; must enjoy working hard.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- BS/BA Degree, with major or emphasis in Business or Engineering.